What is Battlegrounds?
Battlegrounds is a last man standing minigame, fully customized by Redemption.
Battlegrounds Rules !
Within the Battlegrounds there's a few rules which MUST be obeyed, to keep the game fun !
- No Teaming ! (This could get you disqualified at events)
- No PJ'ing ! (Attacking another player when they're starting to fight or just ended one).
How do I get to Battlegrounds?
You need to type in the command ;;bg or ;;arcade. Both will get you towards the room where the BattleGrounds portal stands.
In order for you to be able to enter, you will need to have removed all of your equipment, emptied your inventory into your bank and also have to type ;;callpet. (to make sure you don't have a pet out)
It has begun
You have entered the Battlegrounds ! What to do now ! First of all, you will notice you have received a gear setup ! Equip it all.
The next section is based on what you need to do to stay alive !
Grimy keys are used to open up the Battleground chests which are scattered all over the map. These chests can give any kind of armour, weapons, potions, food and even runes.
How Could one obtain Keys though?
- At the start of the game. You start with 2 keys no matter which gear set-up you receive.
- Killing other Players (Any player = 1 / Target player = 2)
- Killing the poisonous spiders - They drop the keys at a rate of 40% (unless you get a Ring of Chance)
Refreshments can make the difference of life and death. They are the things that replenish your Hitpoints or Prayer or...
In front of the main entrance, there's a fountain, this fountain can be used every 5 minutes to restore everything;
- Special attack.
Inside the house, up in the North, there's an altar where you can restore your prayer points for free.
This is very convenient as you would no longer need Prayer potions.
Also useful for when you're in need of a quick prayer restore when fighting.
Keep in mind ! The Altar also has a 5 Minute cooldown!
What are the ways to get damage? Let's get into this deeper shall we.
- Other Players: Well, this doesn't need further explaining I believe...
- Spiders: The Spiders can hit back when you're trying to steal a Grimy Key ! So be aware !
- Fireballs: Random Fireballs will come from the skies ! Which can hit up to 50 DAMAGE ! So make sure you keep your health Above that at any cost when running around (also inside).
- Standing Still: When standing still, you'd get hit 1's by the server, so keep running.
- Game takes too long: Everybody gets hit 1's consistently.
Tips and Tricks
- Once the Battlegrounds starts, Nobody can attack each other for a decent amount of time. Be smart and use both of your keys to get the best gear possible !
- When opening the 2nd chest make sure to use your overload and get your hp up by eating karambwans first, as they can't be used to combo-heal you.
- When you have drunk an Overload potion, you can drink saradomin brews without decreasing your stats, and they wont stall your account so you can keep fighting, unlike with sharks.
- If you have your spellbook on lunars, you have a chance to get vengeance runes (death, earth, astral) from chests, although the Vengeance isn't as powerful as in OSRS. Keep this in mind.
|Rune Full set (Chain & Platebody)||Mystic Set||Spined Set|
|Granite Set||Enchanted Set||Black Dragonhide Set|
|Dragon Full Set (Chain & Platebody)||Skeletal Set||Karil's Set|
|Verac Set||Infinity Set||Armadyl Set|
|Guthans Set||Lunar Set||Morrigan's Set|
|Dharok Set||Ahrim's Set||Pernix Set|
|Torag's Set||Zurial's Set||/|
|Bandos Set||Virtus Set||/|
|Statius's Set (For Defence)
Vesta's Set (For Accuracy)
|Rune Full Helm||Rune Chainbody - Platebody||Rune Platelegs|
|/||Granite Platebody||Granite Platelegs|
Helmet of Neitiznot
|Dragon Full Helm||Dragon Chainbody - Platebody||Dragon Platelegs|
|Verac's Helm||Verac's Platebody||Verac's skirt|
|Guthan's Helm||Guthan's Platebody||Guthan's Platelegs|
|Dharok's Helm||Dharok's Platebody||Dharok's Platelegs|
|Torag's Helm||Torag's Platebody||Torag's Platelegs|
|/||Bandos Chestplate||Bandos Tassets|
|Statius Full Helm (Damage)||Statius Platebody (Damage)||Statius Plateskirt (Damage)|
|Vesta's Full Helm (Defence)||Vesta's Platebody (Defence)||Vesta's Plateskirt (Defence)|
|/||Torva Platebody||Torva Platelegs|
|Mystic Body||Mystic Skirt|
|Enchanted Hat||Enchanted Body||Enchanted Skirt|
|Skeletal Hat||Skeletal Body||Skeletal Skirt|
|Infinity Hat||Infinity Body||Infinity Skirt|
|Lunar Hat||Lunar Body||Lunar Skirt|
|Ahrim's Hat||Ahrim's Body||Ahrim's Skirt|
|Zurial's Hat||Zurial's Body||Zurial's Skirt|
|Virtus Hat||Virtus Body||Virtus Skirt|
|Ranged Gear detailed|
|Spined Hat||Spined Body||Spined Skirt|
|Robin Hood Hat||/||/|
|Black Dragonhide Body||Black Dragonhide Chaps|
|Karil's Coif||Karil's Body||Karil's Skirt|
|Armadyl Helm||Armadyl's Body||Armadyl's Chaps|
|/||Morrigan's Body||Morrigan's Chaps|
|Pernix Coif||Pernix Body||Pernix Chaps|
|Granite Maul (SA)|
|Dragon Mace (SA)|
|Dragon Halberd (SA)|
|Barrelchest Anchor (SA)|
|Zammorak / Saradomin / Bandos / Armadyl Godsword |
(Same stats, Unique special Attack) (SA)
|Vesta's Spear |
|Statius Warhammer (SA)|
|Staff of Light|
|Magic Shortbow (SA)|
|Morrigans Throwing Axe|
|Morrigans Javeline (SA)|
|Dark Bow (SA)|
When there are only 4 players left, everybody will have 15 seconds before they will be teleported for the finals.
When teleported to the final (if you have room in inventory) you get a key for free. At the finals you can only use 1 key, so there's no reason to hold on to multiple keys
- Use this key wisely, if you're full on food wait till you have enough room to loot the food from the chest.